Dial Up connections are very slow when compared to Broadband. We cannot hope for better download speed in dial-up connections but we can hope for better browsing speed.Sometimes browsing speed decreases due to server problems. But we can increase our it using some tweaks. Today i will show you the methods to increase browsing speed.Lets start withHACKING EASY. Using Open DNS Server
What is DNS Server?
Domain Name System (DNS) is the name resolution protocol for TCP/IP networks, such as the Internet. Client computers query a DNS server to resolve memorable, alphanumeric DNS names to the IP addresses that computers use to communicate with each other.
How to Use Open DNS?
1) Press Windows + R to open Run.
2) Type ncpa.cpl and press enter to open network connections.
3) Right click on the connection you use and then select properties. In my case it is Reliance netconnect-Hi speed.
4) In properties select Networking tab and in that select properties.
5) And in that properties enter the following values in Preferred DNS server: 188.8.131.52 Alternate DNS server: 184.108.40.206
6) After changing these values click ok and reconnect your modem.
7) Then to check whether you are successfully using Open DNS server click here.
8) If everything went well and If you are using Open DNS then it shows success message
Note: For Reliance modem users you need to change settings in reliance netconnet software i.e; the software that installs automatically when you connect your modem to pc.
9)The Best DNS values can change from time to time so to get the best DNS server just download this simple software called DNSBench.
10) After downloading this software install it and it opens.
11) Now click Nameservers tab. Now the software loads list of available DNS servers it takes approx. 15 seconds.
12) Now click Run Benchmark. Now the software analyzes each DNS server and makes a list. In the list the first one is the best and fast DNS server so note the corresponding values and repeat the steps 1,2,3,4 and 5 with these values.
13) Remember that after changing the values disconnect the network and connect again. You will find noticeable change in the browsing speed after starting DNS server.